FYI Hormone-Free Milk at Aldi's?

Was just glancing at our area Aldi ad this week and noticed they are advertising that their Friendly Farms brand of milk is hormone-free. Can't find anything online - does anyone else know about this? Or has tried it?? At $1.89/gallon, it'd be the best price on hormone-free milk I've found. Organic is my first choice, but when we go through 2 gallons/week... hormone-free is a good 2nd.

Trader

Default Re: Hormone-Free Milk at Aldi's?

Oooh, I would love to know too! Milk has been the hardest thing for me since my family goes through up to 6 gallons a week. I quickly realized that there was no way I could serve my family organic milk and stay within a budget, even with coupons.

I just saw that in the ad today too.
    And it is 99 cents a gallon right now.
    If it were closer to me I would definitely go there for it.

Trader

I used to buy my milk there all the time because of this, before I switched to organic. It says it right on the labels, at least for the 2%.

Even if it is hormone free, that doesnt mean they use safe organic practices and feed. You may still be getting nitrates and nitrites from farm run off and who knows what else. I can afford the organic so I buy 1 gallon of the vitamin D and turn it into 2 gallons of 2% by diluting with filtered water( its all about the milk fats there) . Saves 6.00 and I can still have my milk and know my family is safe from pesticides , herbicides and the bad stuff.

Well i have a question, i have a gallon of Aldi's whole milk it expired on March 31 2014 i don't drink a lot of milk and didn't think much of it so about 12 days in to April i needed milk i looked at milk date past date humm, no change in milk as far as it seperation like bad milk does, i smelled it and it was not bad yet. humm Anyway i got the milk out and set it on my porch rail with the lid just sitting on it so it would not expand until i could dump around a tree. Anyway did not get to it so long story short the milk is still on my porch rail with lid just sitting on it, mind you a month past the expiration date and due to curiosity as to how long it will take to look as bad as most milk should. NOW my ? question and concern is why does this milk still look like milk no clumps no separation no change it doesn't smell worse than other bad milks, so why is it not thick and separated and just down right nasty? This milk if you didn't now can be poured into a glass and beside smelling of it you would have no clue it was bad, well except i wouldn't recommend drinking it either. So whats in Aldi's milk?