Thread: Publix FAQ's

Supa Fly Earthday 2010 Pledge
    Trader

Entrepreneur

Administrator

FAQ Publix FAQ's

Publix

Q. Does Publix carry organic and natural products?
    A. Yes. Publix offers many organic fruits and vegetables in their produce department, as well as many organic/natural brand items.

Q. Does Publix have an organic store brand?
    A. Yes. Publix offers a line of GreenWise Market products that include organic, natural, and earth-friendly products.

Q. Does Publix milk contain rbST (artificial hormones)?
    A. No. Publx milk is rbST-free.

Q. Does Publix have sales on organic products?
    A. Yes.

Q. Can I use coupons on sale items?
    A. Yes. Coupons are a great way to get a bigger discount on sale items, including organic products.

Q. Does Publix offer reusable bags?
    A. Yes. Publix offers reusable "green" bags for a low cost. You may also bring in your own bags for Publix to bag your groceries. In addition, Publix offers recycling bins for paper and plastic bags at many locations.

Q. What is the Publix guarantee?
    A. If for any reason your purchase does not give you complete satisfaction, the full price will be refunded upon request.

Q: Is a store card needed?
    A: No. All sale prices will ring up automatically.

Q: Can I get my ad online?
    A: Yes, enter your zip code here.

Q: Does Publix double coupons?
    A: Only in select areas: Alabama, Georgia, and Tennessee, but not in Florida. Doubling only applies to manufacturer's coupons, not store coupons.

Q: Does Publix issue store coupons?
    A:
    Publix issues a large number of store coupons. Every two weeks a new Advantage Buy flier is published. These fliers contain store coupons, manufacturer's coupons, and advertisements for month-long sales. Publix also publishes other coupon booklets throughout the year. You may use one Publix coupon and one manufacturer's coupon per item, unless either coupon explicitly prohibits it.

Q: Does Publix take competitor coupons?
    A: Some stores do, and some don't. Check with your store's customer service desk to find out their policy. Competitor's coupons are treated like store coupons. They will not double and can be used in conjunction with a manufacturer's coupon, but not in conjunction with a store coupon.

Q: May I use two coupons for a BOGO sale?
    A: Yes, if you buy two items during a buy one, get one free sale, you may use the same combination of store and manufacturer coupons that you could use when buying the two items when not on sale. Some stores will ring up items for half price during a BOGO sale; others will ring up the items as full price for the first item and $0 for the second item.

Q: What is the Publix Penny Item?
    A: This is a mystery item for which one can find a coupon in the newspaper. It is only found in certain states: Alabama, most of Georgia and Tennessee, and South Carolina (not in Florida). With this coupon you get an item for a penny, on Sunday and Monday. This item is different each week.

Q. What is GreenWise Market Magazine?
    A. Publix GreenWise Market magazine can help you—and your family—make smart, natural choices on everything from food, nutrition, and fitness to remedies and ideas for disease prevention. Most issues of GreenWise have coupons inside for organic/natural products. Get a free subscription here.
    Last edited by jujubee; 11-14-2007 at 02:49 AM.

Trader
    Forum Moderator

Entrepreneur

Default Re: Publix FAQ's

Quote Originally Posted by jujubee View Post
    Q: Does Publix take competitor coupons?
    A: Some stores do, and some don't. Check with your store's customer service desk to find out their policy. Competitor's coupons are treated like store coupons. They will not double and can be used in conjunction with a manufacturer's coupon, but not in conjunction with a store coupon.

My Publix is really great about taking competitor coupons. I've used Winn Dixie and Whole Foods $/$$ coupons there. One of my smaller local health food stores puts out a 20% off entire order coupon every month, so I brought it w/me to Publix and asked if they would honor it and they said they normally do not honor those, only the larger mass merchant type stores, but they'd do it for me this one time as a customer courtesy. I spent over $100 and got approx. $23 off my total order just w/that one coupon! Super nice! Publix has the best customer service. So, if you ever come across those types of coupons, it wouldn't hurt to go up to customer service and see if the manager will honor it for you.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 12-03-2008, 11:03 PM