Trader

Entrepreneur

THUMBS UP Cranberry tablets for bladder infection prevention/treatment

I have had a problem with bladder infections/UTIs off and on for a while now. But over the summer, my bladder infection turned into a full-fledged kidney infection and caused major problems for me.

My experience with that left me with a bad taste in my mouth towards conventional medicine. Every time I went to the doctor, I was given more and more pills to the point that I ended up having allergic reactions to some of them. The doctors' solution to this was to replace one prescription with another. I knew there had to be a better way.

So when I started to feel the symptoms of a bladder infection again recently I turned to the internet to research a natural remedy for it. One of the things mentioned over and over was drinking pure unsweetened cranberry juice or taking cranberry tablets. I ran out to Walgreen's and bought a bottle of cranberry tablets and started taking them that day.

What a difference they've made! In less than 24 hours all the symptoms I had were gone and since then I haven't had a single bladder infection.

So if you struggle with recurrent bladder infections, consider taking cranberry tablets. It worked for me, but as always, you should check with your health professional before starting a new natural treatment.
    Becky

Trader

Default Re: Cranberry tablets for bladder infection prevention/treatment

The "natural" chemical that makes cranberries that deep, dark shade of red also does something else: it coats the surfaces of skin and keeps bacteria from being able to infect it. It's really cool!

Pure, 100% cranberry juice is S-O-U-R! Don't misconstrue what I'm saying, here. I love sour foods! OMG I could eat sour foods all day and be happy. But Cranberry juice is TOOOOOO much! I swear it was so sour that the enamel off my teeth was melting... ugh!

I eat dried cranberries (no sulfates, thanks Trader Joes!) and that seems to help my urinary track a LOT!
    trader joe's, trader joes, trader joe, vegetarian, veggie food, coupons, organic, deals, organics, organic deals, vegan, go green, green living, der(pedia)

Bexx, I have on going problems with UTI's. I drink cranberry juice and have taken the cranberry pills. What brand are the ones you take? They really do work along with drinking lots of water to flush the kidneys and bladder.

Trader

Entrepreneur

Quote Originally Posted by Mexi View Post
    Bexx, I have on going problems with UTI's. I drink cranberry juice and have taken the cranberry pills. What brand are the ones you take? They really do work along with drinking lots of water to flush the kidneys and bladder.
    I'm taking Nature's Bounty right now... just cause that was all they had when I went to Walgreen's that day. They seem to work just great though. And yes, definitely drink lots and lots of water. It's easy doing that at work - since I just refill my water bottle all day long, but when I'm at home on the weekend I get so distracted that I'll go hours w/o a drink.
    Becky

Hip Hippy Hippie Earthday 2010 Pledge
    Trader

Entrepreneur

Administrator

CVS has the cranberry life fitness chews too if you are a CVS shopper and need a filler.

Kristen

My blog: http://www.kikiverde.com
    My etsy shop: http://www.kikiverde.etsy.com
    My wishlist: coupon wishes

Trader

Entrepreneur

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0

Super Moderator

I always drink lots of water & cranberry juice ( I drink the sweetened ). I also eat dried cranberries & have even eaten cranberry sauce.
    Deb ~ OGD Super Mod

Trader

Entrepreneur

Super Moderator

Deb ~ OGD Super Mod

I have suffered a UTI on two occasions when I was unable to get to a doctor to obtain antibiotics. Both were speedy onsets, and to be honest, waiting for a docs appointment would have been hell.

The first time was a Saturday evening around 6:30pm - try finding a doc at that time of night. I phoned the pharmacist who told me that there was no OTC treatment that he could sell me. HOWEVER, he said if you want to try the natural way, I can recommend that you take Cranberry tablets, Vitamin C and Cranberry juice. The amounts to take were huge, at least 10 Cranberry, 8 VitC, and a gallon of Cranberry juice. He instructed me to drink as much juice as I could, and to repeat the dose in 3 hours.

In two hours the intense pain and burning while peeing had gone. I took the next dose, and by the morning I was 100% cured. I was AMAZED - was it just coincidence??

My next bout with the UTI was when I was traveling in the USA, and - of course, seeking out medical treatment was not an option - but Wal-Mart was. I bought the natural goods, washed it down with a half gallon of cranberry juice, and hey-presto! - cured again.

It works, it works like a dream - for me at least. And no antibiotics. I hope this will help someone else who is suffering and can't get to a doctors to stop the pain.

Annie
    Canada

PS: A pharmacist recommending natural remedies - who'd have thought eh?

A few years back, I had a lot of pain that I hadn't experienced before. I was totally suffering. Thankfully, my mom-in-law is one of those "farm raised" gals that just seems to know how to cure just about anything - before bothering the doctor with it. So, she recommended the cranberry tablets. They are amazing and have worked for me a couple times within 24 hours of taking them. I would totally say that it's worth a try before running to the doctor. I'd much rather pay $2-$3 for a bottle of cranberry pills than a co pay & a prescription LOL