Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By hippiemama
  • 1 Post By tominlancaster
  • 1 Post By ladykyr

Thread: Nature's Promise Organic and Natural [C]

Trader

Brand Nature's Promise Organic and Natural [C]

This brand is offered as a "store line" at several stores, including Giant and Stop 'n' Shop...thought I'd post the info I can find for reference.

Stop & Shop is part of the Ahold USA group, owned by Ahold of the Netherlands. In addition to Stop & Shop, Ahold USA currently operates five other prominent supermarket companies along the eastern seaboard including
    • Giant Food LLC, based in Landover, MD;
    • Tops Markets LLC, with headquarters in Buffalo, NY;
    • Giant Food Stores LLC, based in Carlisle, PA;
    • BI-LO LLC, headquartered in Mauldin, SC and
    • Bruno's Supermarkets, Inc., with headquarters in Birmingham, AL.
    http://www.giantfood.com/brands/natures_promise.htm

Taste the flavors as nature intended.
    Natural and organic foods are made with natural ingredients, so you enjoy more of the natural flavors and nothing artificial. Which is why they always look and taste so delicious.

Plus organic foods not only taste better, they also promote the healthy treatment of animals, growing practices that respect our environment and better balance within our food system. Organics are also regulated by the U.S. Department of Agriculture and meet federal organic standards. Crops are grown free of synthetic pesticides, herbicides, insecticides, fumigants, fungicides, fertilizers or other synthetic materials and no genetically modified seed. And animals are given room to roam, organic feed and no antibiotics or growth hormones.

Natural foods made by Nature's Promise are free of artificial or synthetic colors and flavors and have absolutely no hydrogenated oils, bleached or bromated flours.

Natural and organic foods at your fingertips.
    With so many consumers interested in the benefits of natural and organic foods, we felt it was time to make them more easily accessible to everyone. Introducing Nature's Promise,™ a new line of natural and organic foods priced less than other brands. Better value is one benefit. Easier to get your hands on is another. Better access to better food. That's what you get when you buy Nature's Promise.

Nature's Promise - The Natural Choice.
    Why trust Nature's Promise? Because we follow strict quality standards for every item and organic certification requirements for organics in bringing you the foods you eat. And we'll never stop adhering to them.

Organics
    • Milk
    • Butter
    • Eggs
    • Juice
    • Salsa
    • Soy Milk
    • Broth
    • Frozen Vegetables
    • Frozen Fruit
    Naturals
    • Frozen Pizza
    • Gourmet Cookies
    • Tortilla Chips
    • Broth
    • Eggs
    • Soy Milk
    Nature’s Promise Omega –3 Natural Brown Eggs
    Nature’s Promise Omega-3 natural brown eggs are from hens raised on natural grain and flaxseed for omega-3 fatty acids. Nature’s Promise large omega-3 eggs contain 200 mg of Omega 3 per egg, of which 75 mg is DHA*, the long-chain omega-3 recommended for heart health. Nature’s Promise extra large omega-3 eggs contain 220 mg of omega-3 per egg, of which 85 mg is DHA.*
    *Studies have recommended to aim for a combined 500 mg to 1,000 mg of eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexanoic acid (DHA) omega-3 fatty acids per day.

Nature’s Promise Cage Free Natural Brown Eggs
    Our Nature’s Promise cage free hens are fed a natural grain, vegetarian diet. Cage free hens are raised outside of cages on a raised floor with access to the outdoors.

Nature’s Promise Organic Brown Eggs
    Nature’s Promise Organic Brown eggs are USDA certified organic. Certified organically raised animals cannot be given growth hormones or antibiotics and must have access to the outdoors, shade, shelter, exercise areas and direct sunlight. The hens are fed organic feed produced without use of synthetic pesticides and fertilizers.

In addition, look for additional product offerings from Nature's Promise in the coming months, including:
    • Natural Cereal
    • Packaged Organic Produce
    • Organic Whole Wheat Bread
    • Organic Nut Butters and Preserves
    • Organic Packaged Mac & Cheese
    • Organic Frozen Veggie Burgers
    • All-Natural Veggie Snacks
    -MJ

Default Re: Nature's Promise Organic and Natural [C]

I have not been satisfied with the overpacking of some Nature's Promise products, like tea. Below is a Feb 2009 letter I sent to Giant's customer service that others might want to replicate and send https://www.giantfood.com/customer_s....htm?opco=GNTL

I am writing regarding your Nature's Promise brand of teas.

I prefer to purchase as much organic and locally-grown food as I possibly can, out of a concern both for my health and for the environment and the sustainability of agriculture in this country and the world. This concern also leads me to seek out products that are sold in as little packaging as possible, especially if the packaging is not biodegradable.

Recently, I purchased two boxes of Nature's Promise tea. Upon opening them, I was very disappointed to find that the 20 tea bags come in a single, sealed (but not re-usable) plastic bag that takes up less than half of the volume of the actual cardboard tea box. I do understand that you have likely made your Nature's Promise tea boxes the same size as the other brands' tea boxes so that your product appears comparable. I also understand that using a smaller box or no box at all (just a label on a sturdy plastic bag, for example) might make it appear that you are selling fewer tea bags as similar brands, though many brands sell 20 bags per package or box, and you are similar in that respect.

However, despite my understanding the likely reasons you have used wasteful packaging, I feel it is especially inappropriate in a brand that is organic and that people purchase with the same "respect for the environment" with which the tea is grown. People who purchase your product are doing so precisely because they do not want a similar product to other teas: we want something better for the environment, and this includes a concern for the way goods are packaged.

I urge you to consider very seriously choosing smaller packaging that better fits the size of the 20 tea bags that are available in Nature's Promise tea packages. In this regard, the differences would set your brand apart from other brands in a positive way that I believe would increase your sales and the attention your Nature's Promise tea garners from customers.

Sincerely,
    Sharon E. Rogers

I completely agree with you Sharon! I will not be purchasing any Nature's promise tea for just that reason.
    Also, I have the same concerns about the organic produce. If I want to purchase organic salads made by Nature's Promise Organic, they come in a plastic bag inside a plastic box. This is an outrage! What the heck do we need our ORGANIC products to be packaged in such a harful way??? I do not feel that I should have to sacrafice one of my morals in order to support another. It is so unnessessary!!! I just hope that Nature's Promise brand reads these complaints and changes their ways!

June 2010 Featured Member
    Trader

They will if enough people complain. :)

Welcome to the forums JStu!
    Frequent Auto Correct Victim
    First Time Crunchy Mama, wanting to raise this little girl to be a godly, healthy, savvy young lady.

My Wishlist

I was wondering the same myself just the other day. The bag's of chicken they sell comes 7 to a bag. But each of those pieces of chicken are individually wrapped in plastic. Makes no sense.

Trader

Welcome Feenix! : )
    First Time Crunchy Mama, wanting to raise this little girl to be a godly, healthy, savvy young lady.

My Wishlist

I'd recently been inquiring as to the source of Nature's Promise's meats. I've yet to locate that info but was pleasantly surprised to find that they do not use antibiotics and growth hormones.
    I would love to find pictures of their processing plants and chicken farms which claim cage-free, free-range living. I'm always skeptical because there are no laws regulating the outdoor conditions or the length of time the small chicken exit door may be open per day to still be allowed to call your chickens "free-range."

GIANT® Food Stores
    mamag likes this.

Trader

Maybe you could ask them?

My Wishlist

HELP Re: Nature's Promise Organic and Natural [C]

I just want to buy Natures Promise Sirloin for my Birthday-on Tuesday-----Today like many other Sundays-----there was no sirloin at 3 Giants in Lancaster and there has been an empty space for it for months at teh other stores as well-

I too would like some proof of origin since sometimes my body chemistry reacts to products labeled as "no hormones/no steroids" but after eating that item- I got 'sick'-----if a product has steroids in it I will react-Giant gives no point of origin-but most of the time it's OK according to my personal 'barometer'

It just would be nice to have Turkey Hill milk so I don't have to shop in 2 seperate stores---and the steaks----and I won't say anything about the croissants -- the chocolate onesI used to try to convince them not to put powdered sugar on ---then they raise the price so I stopped buying them --like all the good bread---gave up ---costs too much

the Sirloin from Natures Promise is probably going in the same direction-higher prices ///less sales////nobody stocks it-those who would pay are screwed--

--if anyone knows how to get this post to GIANT please feel free......
    mamag likes this.

Trader

You can email them. :)

My Wishlist

I am so confused about Nature's Promise "natural" chicken.

I buy organic meats because I don't like the hormones, steroids or antibiotics. On the packaging it describes that no poultry is allowed to have growth hormones. My question is, if this is the case, do you know how its supposedly "natural" AND how in the world are the chickens so big if they aren't treated with growth hormones?

I too would like to see where their chickens come from if anyone ever finds out. I'd also like to know how long the chickens are allowed to grow before being slaughtered.
    mamag likes this.

me too! that is how i landed here :) so hopefully some one will find out and post news here!!!

Hi Tom,
    if you are looking for good bread try the early rise baker??? i need to check the name again! SLOW RISE BAKERY !
    it is a Lancaster baker Brian Hernon i think He sells in different stores one being The Country store on Manheim Rd outside Mt Joy; he has sprouted organic breads! ok they are a bit pricey but worth it (you eat less cause you are full) and do not over buy unless you plan on freezing, it will spoil since it is chemical free! they also sell raw milk there!
    Now back to the Giant and the Natural line... still looking to find official confirmation besides their claims....

so this post is soon 2 years old and we still have no REAL answer to the questions????

here is an update, the response to my questions to GIANT
    Thank you for inquiring about Natures Promise chicken. You ask some very good questions.
    Coleman Natural Foods produces Organic and All Natural chickens that are fed a 100% vegetarian diet which consists of whole grains and corn with no animal by-products, animal fats or animal proteins and never-ever any antibiotics or growth hormones. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) guidelines specifically prohibit the use of hormones in poultry feed.. When we say vegetarian fed, we mean it! Our Organic chickens are fed an all organic feed ration which is certified as organic and is GMO free. Our All Natural chicken is fed the same feed ration except that it is not organic and therefore not certified. All Natural feeds are not certified as GMO free because there is no guarantee that the corn and whole grains have not been cross contaminated with GMO seed. We raise our chickens the way nature intended, on independent family farms in state-of-the-art spacious housing where all of our chickens have free access to roam both indoors and outdoors. It is that spacious living environment, the ability to roam and move about along with the nutritious feed ration that allows our birds to grow up healthy. All of our farms are Global Animal Partnership certified (www.globalanimalpartnership.org) and are inspected yearly. I have provided the link to their web site in case you are interested in learning more about them. In addition we have independent 3rd party Animal Welfare Audits that includes animal welfare inspections of our hatchery, grow-out, transportation and processing operations.
    I hope this has been helpful in answering your questions. Should you have any additional question please feel free to contact me.
    Ernie Leonelli
    Vice President Food Safety and Quality Assurance
    Coleman Natural Foods
    ernest.leonelli@colemannatural.com
    770-536-5177 Ext. 125 Office
    770-718-6963 Mobile

here is the response i received from GIANT:
    Thank you for inquiring about Natures Promise chicken. You ask some very good questions.
    Coleman Natural Foods produces Organic and All Natural chickens that are fed a 100% vegetarian diet which consists of whole grains and corn with no animal by-products, animal fats or animal proteins and never-ever any antibiotics or growth hormones. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) guidelines specifically prohibit the use of hormones in poultry feed.. When we say vegetarian fed, we mean it! Our Organic chickens are fed an all organic feed ration which is certified as organic and is GMO free. Our All Natural chicken is fed the same feed ration except that it is not organic and therefore not certified. All Natural feeds are not certified as GMO free because there is no guarantee that the corn and whole grains have not been cross contaminated with GMO seed. We raise our chickens the way nature intended, on independent family farms in state-of-the-art spacious housing where all of our chickens have free access to roam both indoors and outdoors. It is that spacious living environment, the ability to roam and move about along with the nutritious feed ration that allows our birds to grow up healthy. All of our farms are Global Animal Partnership certified (www.globalanimalpartnership.org) and are inspected yearly. I have provided the link to their web site in case you are interested in learning more about them. In addition we have independent 3rd party Animal Welfare Audits that includes animal welfare inspections of our hatchery, grow-out, transportation and processing operations.
    I hope this has been helpful in answering your questions. Should you have any additional question please feel free to contact me.
    Ernie Leonelli
    Coleman Natural Foods
    770-718-6963 Mobile

Supa Fly Earthday 2010 Pledge
    Trader

Entrepreneur

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by mamag View Post
    here is the response i received from GIANT:
    Ernie Leonelli
    Coleman Natural Foods
    770-718-6963 Mobile
    Thanks for sharing the reply! Are you happy with what they've said?
    ~julee~
    "Like" us on Facebook

Visit my blog: D.I.Y. Louisville

March 2011 Mod of the Month Earthday 2010 Pledge
    Trader
    Forum Moderator

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0

Entrepreneur

So this also tells me that Coleman produces the Natures Promise line for Giant and S&S -- that's good to know. I buy Coleman chicken when it's on sale or manager's markdown at another of our local markets, but now I'll feel comfortable looking at the Natures Promise selection at S&S too. Thanks for sharing the response!

~JJ

Hip Hippy Hippie Earthday 2010 Pledge
    Trader

Entrepreneur

Administrator

I agree, thanks for sharing your response. We buy Nature's Promise fairly regularly because there is a Giant within walking distance from our house and it makes me feel comfortable knowing that Coleman supplies their meats.

Kristen

Shop fun & inspirational art prints, hand-beaded earrings/statement necklaces, hand-crafted holiday ornaments: http://www.kikiverde.etsy.com
    Check out my blog for recipes, crafty things, and other good stuff:
    http://www.kikiverde.com
    My wishlist (not currently up-to-date): coupon wishes