Thread: Azure Standard

Trader

Entrepreneur

FAQ Azure Standard

Azure Standard

THE STORY OF AZURE STANDARD really begins in 1971 when my family made radical changes in the operation of our 2,000-acre dry-land wheat and cattle ranch.

In the 1950's almost all the farmers in America began using chemical fertilizers because the lure of higher yields was just too great to pass up. Not long afterward, the soil deteriorated to the point where the weeds and insects began to attack the crops, so pesticides and herbicides soon followed.

Our family was caught in the cycle like most farmers, until 1971 when we took our farm out of the chemical cycle "cold turkey," so to speak. In the first year, the chemical-dependent land only produced a small percentage of what it had formerly produced. At this point most farmers would have gone back to chemical use for economic survival. But, sticking to our convictions, we fought ignorance and lack of information in order to keep on without chemical use. As the years went on, the soil slowly regained its natural fertility.

As a result of farming in this manner, both commercially, and on smaller scale in large gardens and orchards for our own use, our family became healthier.

We began selling this healthier food to others who also wanted to reap the benefits of better nutrition. Our newfound customers soon began asking for different natural and organic products which we didn't grow here on our farm, but we scrambled to find those products for them. Thus, in 1987, Azure Standard was born.

Here, we understand that naturally grown foods are instrumental in producing a long and satisfying life. We'd like to see more farmers and home gardeners turn to natural organic growing practices, so we do what we can to not only support the organic farmer, but also provide as many organic products as possible.

We chose to call our business Azure Standard, to signify by the name what we are attempting to do. Azure is a shade of blue which has been associated with law, justice, and honesty. In raising an azure standard, we want to place an honest standard in the marketing of food. We feel that the correct way to effect a positive change is not to attack the way it is being done, but to begin to do it right.

We are dedicated to the "organic principle" of cooperating with nature and we pray others will join us so that we may once again see prosperity in our land.

David Stelzer

Suppliers/Brands

We deliver to areas of Oregon, Washington, California, Idaho, Utah, Montana, North Dakota, and Minnesota. We also deliver to the barge lines in Seattle and Portland, making it possible for customers in Hawaii and Alaska to get delivery as well.

UPS DELIVERY: We do not offer free shipping on orders being sent by UPS.

TRUCK DELIVERY: For free delivery to a specific drop point within three miles of our scheduled routes, the minimum order is $400*. This amount may be made up of individual orders, but each order must total $40 or more. If your order totals less than $40 (for phoned, faxed, mailed-in orders or website orders) there will be a handling fee of up to $5 added to the order. If your drop doesn't meet the minimum, the order(s) will be held, not canceled. Please do not double-order.

*Deliveries off our scheduled routes are subject to an additional minimum order requirement based on distance from the route. Beyond three miles the minimum order goes up by $65 per mile. (Example: 4 miles off route = minimum order $465.00). If you wish to drive to within three miles of the scheduled route, the driver can meet you at an arranged location. You can call us or e-mail us for more specific information or with questions not addressed here.

Help For New Customers

Contact Us

Default Re: Azure Standard

I love Azure! I went to their new warehouse grand opening on September 5th of this year, it was a great time. They have a sales "flyer" (it's more like a mini catalog) every 2 months - right now we're in the October/November one. In fact, I believe I was the one who told bexx09 about Azure... :-) I'm happy to see it on here!

Trader

Entrepreneur

Hey there! Yup, you're the reason I added it on here. :)

If you see any hot deals on that sales flyer, be sure to post them!

I'm Queen And You're Not Earthday 2010 Pledge
    Administrator

How did they go from Oregon to North Dakota yet skipped us in Wyoming? LOL

Trader

I've heard good things about this company. Too bad they don't deliver to the south.

NEWS Re: Azure Standard

Quote Originally Posted by queenofthehivemomof5 View Post
    How did they go from Oregon to North Dakota yet skipped us in Wyoming? LOL
    Heidi,

I am not sure where you are at in Wyoming, but Azure Standard started making deliveries along Interstate 90 through Wyoming and into South Dakota. I have been ordering from them since February and LOVE THEM!!!! Check out their new routes!

I LOVE my azure! They are based up the road from me, and the family is great. Wonderful support for the community! If you sign up for an account online with them, you can see the monthly sales (and bargain bin deals) on the website. :) I'm one of the lucky locals who doesn't have a minimum order, as I just pick it up at the office in our (very small) town. When the warehouse was two miles from me I would just pick it up there, like the next day.

SUPER WONDERFUL GREAT DEALS Every single day on bulk items like grains, dried fruit, nuts, seeds, spices.

Trader

I'm considering signing up with them... they carry a larger variety of products than Frontier and would work better for my household. What are their prices like? I've noticed you can only see the prices on their website if you're already a member.

Trader

So glad to see these reviews. A friend was just telling me about them. I haven't done anything about it. Before we could get together I had a health issue come up. I'll have to see if she can come over sometime early December and go through it with me.
    Cynthia-WAHM of ~9.5 y/o virtual twins

More cheap than green or more green than cheap...that is the question.

June 2010 Featured Member
    Trader

Old thread, but I LOVE Azure! : ) I order at LEAST $50 a month from them, and my sis-in-law and MIL do as well. They're a great money saver for me- esp in the spices! :)
    Frequent Auto Correct Victim
    First Time Crunchy Mama, wanting to raise this little girl to be a godly, healthy, savvy young lady.

My Wishlist

It's great to see others that enjoy Azure Standard as well! I am a mom of ten children and have shopped with Azure for 13 years. They have provided our family with quality and affordable products. I don't know how far South you are however, I know that Azure started delivering to TX this last month! This last year my husband, Joe, started driving for Azure. He is the driver for the M-1 and M-2 route. I've started a facebook page and blog so we can share recipes with others! We'd love to have you join us if you like! I love getting to know others that are trying to create affordable healthy meals for their family!

Azure Standard Midwest Routes | Facebook
    The Azure Almanac

Mrs. Joseph Wood (Jeanette)

Trader

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0

Welcome to OGD, Mrs Wood! We live on the E-2 route. I hope you have time to become an active member of OGD. You sound like my kind of gal. : ) 10 kids, that's wonderful! My MIL has 11, my hubby being the youngest. Then she adopted 3 more, I homeschool them. I'm the oldest of 6, all homeschooled as well. God hasn't blessed us with kids yet, but one day soon we hope.

I still really like Azure. I just wish they took coupons. Lol
    First Time Crunchy Mama, wanting to raise this little girl to be a godly, healthy, savvy young lady.

My Wishlist

Thank you! I look forward to be able to get to know you too!

Trader

Is there anything similar to this for people closer to the east coast? I would love to be able to use this kind of a service!
    OneHotMomma's Wishes & Haves

Trader

I know there's, oh, what's it called? Someone help me, UNIF or something like that??? I like Azure better, but this was ok when I was in OK. Azure's really getting close to OH though. I think they're already in IA and I know AR.

My Wishlist